Sunday, January 31, 2010

Recent Cards

Here are some recent cards I have made. This card (above) is very simple but I really like it. I used Stampin' Up's kraft card stock for the base. The chip board letters were from Big Lots, I can't remember the brand though. Anyway they are blue foiled letters. The problem with these letters is they are pretty big and if you want to spell a longer word they don't fit on your standard size card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). For this card I had to make a bigger size (about 4 x 8 1/2). I used some green satin ribbon from Micheals for added colour. I really like this ribbon because first of all it's not super expensive, second it's satin on both sides. Having two sided ribbon is really good for when you're like me and when you tie knots your ribbon twists to the bad side. For added interest I rounded the corners and pierced some holes along the bottom.


The card above uses three different stampin' up card stocks: certainly celery, pixie pink and pretty in pink. On the certainly celery i used my Fiskars threading water border punch. The butterfly is stamped from a Martha Stewert clear stamp set and the CELEBRATE YOU is from Little Birthday cheer by Stampin' up. Both stamps were stamped in pixie pink classic ink by Stampin' Up. I used a pink Prima flower with a dew drop center to fill up the empty space. TIP: When colouring dew drops with watermelon alcohol ink(reddish colour) they come out pink.






No comments:

Post a Comment