Saturday, March 27, 2010

Altered Playing Cards/ ATC

Sorry for the lack of posts but now that it's spring break I have lots of time to do some crafting. So I made these two pieces on playing cards. I have 104 playing cards that I got for 62 cents. The cards make great bases for the tiny pieces. So for the one above I used alcohol inks on the card. The alcohol inks work really well on the cards because they are a little glossy. Then I added some shear ribbon as a base for the e.
To make the e I took a chipboard letter and did the alcohol inked tin foil technique. The three gems were just clear but I alcohol inked them too.

This is the other piece I created. First I glued a picture of my grandma and her family on the card. My grandma is the one sitting properly on the chair. Then I distressed the edges with vintage photo distress ink. Then I took some glitter glue and mixed it with re-inker for a more vintage look. I scraped the glitter on the sides to frame the photo. With some dictionary paper I wrote family and attached that to the side with some coloured staples. I added a few more staples to make it look like the picture is attached with staples.

To finish it off I distressed a prima flower and tucked it behind the playing card. I really distressed the flower so it would match. The flower used to be white and pink.

Here is a close up of the glitter and staple.


  1. I love how the glitter looks with the distress ink over it. Very cool vintage effect.

  2. i like the e u made!!! we can make suff in the summer 2gether