Monday, November 8, 2010

No Time For Anything In November

So it's November and for some people this is NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) If you don't know what it is you can google it. Anyway I'm kind of doing this but not really, I explain this more on my latest video on sawthatday youtube channel. www.youtube.com/user/sawthatday I'm Friday if you didn't see my last post. Anyway I don't have a have a lot of time for crafting. I did this little project in late October but I'm only getting around to sharing it now but better late than never. Here's how to do it.

I made these three little tiles, roughly 2" by 2". To make then you will need:
Card stock (i used white)
Distress inks (I used vintage photo and broken china)
Clear embossing powder
Heat gun
Chip board
Acrylic block
(Optional) Stamp


Here's a close up


By using the clear embossing powder you get a shiny glaze to the tile.



Step one: Directly on an acrylic block smoosh the ink.




It should looks something like this but can use any colour and apply the ink in any way you want.


Step two: Spray with water so the ink beads up, use as little or as much as you want.




Step three: On a piece of card stock the same size as your block press the block down to apply the ink.



Before the next step you can blot with a cloth to remove excess ink, heat set or air dry it, but you could start the next step without doing this.



Step four: Repeat step three as many times as you want.


I did three layers.



Step five: I decided to stamp this Butterfly onto mine but you can stamp whatever you want or just leave it blank. If your paper is a bit too big like mine is, it would be a good idea to cut off the excess now.



Step six: Coat the entire piece with embossing ink.


Step seven: Apply the clear embossing powder and heat set. I did this three times to get a thick glossy layer.


Step eight: Back with chip board to add some sturdiness.


And there you have it, a little tile. They look even cooler in person I just have no clue what to do with them now.



1 comment:

  1. Very cool - and great directions - i want to try this! I would mount them on card stock and frame each one in little square frames. Like maybe 6" square? They would look really pretty on the wall.

    ReplyDelete