Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dollar stamps are great!




Even though some studio g dollar stamps seem a little weird, with a little creativity they can be really cool. I used the clear make a wish with a floating candle stamp for this project. When I was at the store looking at this stamp i thought it looked really stupid with a random candle on it but then it hit me. Why not make a cupcake to go under the candle? So for this card I stamped the stamp onto brocade blue card stock by stampin' up. The ink I used for the stamp is dark chocolate by Papertrey ink. For the cupcake I used some patterned paper and dark chocolate card stock. To make the cupcake I cut a circle of patterned paper and cut it in half. After I used a corner rounder to round the points of the semi-circle. Then cut a square of the card stock. To make the square look like the base of a cupcake cut a small triangle off one side, and to get it to have the same angle on both sides use the cut off piece as a guide. Then I glued the cupcake base on the blue paper and the top with stampin' dimensionals. Once done the cupcake, glue the blue paper to some patterned paper, in this case matching the cupcake top. Make a card base with dark chocolate cardstock and tie brocade blue grosgrain ribbon to it. Then adhere the paper piece with dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. so clever - what a great way to use a stamp that is missing something. I also love your technique to get the icing on the cupcake so nice and rounded! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very creative! love the way you use your materials and make such nice cards

    ReplyDelete