Wednesday, February 9, 2011

18!

#37
A family friend is turning 18 soon so I made her a card. I cut the 18 on my cricut and then glued it on with a glue pen. I find glue pens are really helpful when you own a cricut. I used a happy birthday stamp and stamped it below and above the number. It's really nice that clear stamps can be cut so the two words can be separated and you don't have to worry about masking. I wrote in the th so it looks like 18th.
I stared to sew around the edges when I ran out of thread. I couldn't just leave it half sewn because it looked a little weird so I took the thread out of the card and then kept sewing without thread to create a bunch of little holes that make a nice boarder.

1 comment:

  1. It is always good to have little tricks up your sleeve for when things don't work out.

    But i hope this means that the zigzag stitch on the sewing machine works now?

    Also - just noticed there is a "TH" in birthday - so you could have stamped it with some masking for the "bir" and "day"...!

    ReplyDelete